Series 1251/1253/1254 Welded Chamber Level Control
Min. Specific Gravity 0.40, Pressure to 1250 psig (86 bar), and Temperature to 500°F (260°C)
The Mercoid Series 1251 offer leak proof all welded heavy duty carbon steel bodies coupled with snap action or mercury switches provide reliable, long term service for compatible liquids. The use of an external magnet reduces the possibility of magnetic particle build-up inside the armature tube and subsequent loss of operation as may occur with the internal magnet repulsion design. A variety of snap action or mercury switches in SPST, SPDT, DPDT or DPST configurations will satisfy most electrical requirements. These switch assemblies are contained in NEMA 1 general purpose, NEMA 4X weatherproof, NEMA 7, 9 groups B, C, D, E, F, G, explosion-proof or explosion-proof – vapor proof enclosures.
Mercoid Series 1251 Specifications
- C1-40:Minimum specific gravity 0.40. Process pressure 1250 psi (86 bar) at 100°F (38°C) to 500°F (260°C).
- Switch Type:Snap action or mercury. See Model Chart.
- Electrical Rating:See Model Chart.Wiring Connections:G, WT or E enclosure: terminal block; EV enclosure: 18″ (460 mm) leads.
- Process Connection:Combination 1″ NPT/socket weld hubs or flanges. See Model Chart.Enclosures:G: painted steel and aluminum; WT: painted steel, aluminum and neoprene; E: aluminum; EV: aluminum and neoprene.
- Wetted Parts:C1 construction. Chamber: carbon steel; Trim: 303SS, 304SS, 316SS and 430SS.
- Weight:1251: 40 lb (18 kg); 1253: 50 lb (22.7 kg); 1254: 57 lb (25.8 kg).