Model TM SAFE-T-OHM Shoe Tester
For Electrostatic Dissipating (ESD) Footwear
- Dual foot plates provide increased accuracy and dependability
- Quick and Easy to Use for All Personnel
- Direct Reading Analog Scale and Dual LED Go/No-Go Indicators
Simply stand on the heavy-duty sandblasted aluminum foot plates and the Model TM SAFE-T-OHM shoe tester automatically measures the resistance of your ESD footwear. It provides an accurate direct readout on a full-range, color-coded scale and “Go/No-Go” status-at-a-glance with dual LED indicators that are calibrated at common ESD threshold levels. The Model M combines rugged design with solid-state technology tailored for the demands of the electronics industry where accurate, dependable static control monitoring is essential.
A shoe tester for use in environments where static electricity sparking must be eliminated between so called Electrostatic Dissipating (ESD) shoes and the floor, by personnel wearing a pair of such shoes, wherein the tester comprises a pair of metallic electrically conductive shoe plates secured together in spaced but side-by-side relation resting on such floor on insulated studs or the like, on which the person wearing the shoe stands with his shoes on the respective plates, and a “plug-in” electronic circuit for measuring the resistance of such person and the shoes, including a scale and a pointer arm associated with the tester for actuation by the circuit when electrically energized by any grounded 115 volt alternating current outlet available for indicating acceptable and unacceptable shoe resistances, wherein the circuit includes an amplifier arrangement that permits the resistance measurements to be made to be in the range of 2,000 megohms.
- Power Requirements: 115 CVAC, 50/60 Hz
- Protective Circuitry: UL approved Class II transformer, one megohm current limiting resistors in series with each shoe plate
- Accuracy: ±1% at both minimum and maximum of range
- Size and Weight: 12 x 17 inches (30.5 x 43.2 cm); 8 lb (3.5 kg)
- Installation: Clean, dry, static-free floor. Carpeting not recommended
- Power Cord
- Shoe Plate Assembly