Series 301 Top Mount Float Type Level Control
Single Stage for Alarms, Depth to 12 ft.
The reliable Mercoid Series 301 has proven to be a rugged economical choice for top mounting on tanks where side mounting is not practical, or for use in sumps. These units feature a fixed deadband for high or low alarm or shutdown. This control can be mounted on top of any closed or open tank or sump by use of the 3/4″ NPT connection. Flanges are also available in various sizes, pressure rating and material to meet any installation. Several size floats are available to accommodate liquids to a specific gravity of 0.5 and depths to 12 feet.
Electrical switch actions, SPST, SPDT, DPDT, or DPST, can be ordered to satisfy most applications. Two-stage operation available, consult factory. Hermetically sealed snap action or mercury contacts provide for high or low current or voltage requirements. Enclosures include general purpose NEMA 1, weatherproof NEMA 4, explosion-proof NEMA 7, 9. The explosion-proof, vapor proof version combines weatherproof, vapor proof, and explosion-proof NEMA 4, 7, 9 construction in one enclosure. The 301 Series can be used on pressurized vessels.
Mercoid Series 301 Specifications
- Minimum Specific Gravity:Dependent on float size and rod length. See Dimensional Drawing.
- Switch Type:Snap action or mercury. See Electrical Circuits and Ratings on Model Chart page.
- Electrical Rating:See Electrical Circuits and Ratings on Model Chart page.
- Wiring Connection:G, WT or E enclosure, terminal board. EV enclosure 18″ (460 mm) leads.
- Enclosures:G: painted steel and aluminum; WT: painted steel, aluminum and neoprene; E: aluminum; EV: aluminum and neoprene.
- Wetted Parts:See Model Chart.
- Approximate Weight:301G, WT with 4-1/2″ SS float, 8 ft. rod, 5″ 125# cast iron flange: approximately 35 lb (16 kg) with E, EV enclosure: 39 lb (17.7 kg).