Mercoid Series CRF2 Capacitive Level Transmitter
Powder, Bulk or Liquids
The Mercoid Series CRF2 is a level transmitter providing a two-wire 4 to 20 mA output to indicate level of liquids, powders and bulk materials. State of the art sensing technology in the CRF2, using impulse RF admittance measurement provides excellent accuracy and stability. The CRF2 senses capacitance changes resulting from the height of the material in the tank between the probe and the tank wall. In non-metallic tanks or tanks that do not have the wall parallel to the probe a ground reference must be used.
The CRF2 comes with either a rigid or flexible probe depending on application installation need and probe length required. Featured in the CRF2 is easy push button calibration of zero and span. Custom order the CRF2 to any length probe that you need for your application. FEP covered probe is ideal for use with corrosive media. This technology also provides immunity to external RF sources like walkie-talkies and cell phones as well as minimal interference with radio communication or other electronic systems.
- Service:Liquids, powders, and bulk materials compatible with wetted materials.
- Wetted Materials:Standard: rod/cable: FEP; connection: 316 SS. Ground Option: rod/cable and connection: 316 SS; cable spacers: PVC. Flange Option: material of flange.
- Capacitance Range:0 to 2000 pF.
- Sensitivity:0.15 pF.
- Minimum Span:8 pF.
- Accuracy:±0.5 pF or ±0.25% of span, whichever is greater.
- Repeatability:±0.25 pF or ±0.1% of span, whichever is greater.
- Temperature Limits:Ambient: -40 to 185°F (-40 to 85°C); Process: -40 to 250°F (-40 to 121°C).
- Pressure Limit:100 psi (6.9 bar).
- Power Requirements:12 to 35 VDC.
- Output Signal:4 to 20 mA or 20 to 4 mA, 2 wire.
- Response Time:0.5 seconds.
- Electrical Connection:Screw terminal.
- Conduit Connection:1/2″ NPT female.
- Process Connection:Standard: 3/4″ NPT male. Optional: See Catalog page.
- Enclosure Rating:NEMA 4X (IP66) weather-tight/corrosion resistant.
- Spark/Static Protection:106 ohm dissipation resistance with spark gap. Surge current to 100A max.
- Calibration:Zero, Span, 4 mA, 20 mA.
- Mounting Orientation:Vertical.
- Weight:6 ft rod type: 3.6 lb (1.63 kg).
Off the Shelf Models
|CRF2-WR01T-072||Capacitive level transmitter, weatherproof, rod probe type, 3/4" male NPT, 72" insertion length.|
|CRF2-WR01T-096||Capacitive level transmitter, weatherproof, rod probe type, 3/4" male NPT, 96" insertion length.|