Series AT1ADPS ATEX Approved ADPS Adjustable Differential Pressure Switch
The ADPS in Flame-Proof ATEX Enclosure
The ATEX approved Dwyer Series AT1ADPS Adjustable Differential Pressure Switch is designed for pressure, vacuum, and differential pressure applications in hazardous areas. The dual scaled adjustment knob in inches water column and pascals allows changes to the switching pressure to be made without a pressure gage. The switch is available with settings from 0.08 in w.c. (20 Pa) up to 16 in w.c. (4000 Pa). The silicone diaphragm makes this series ideal for use with air and other noncombustible gases. Flame-proof ATEX enclosures are available in aluminum and can include a glass window for viewing set point status on adjustment knob.
Important notes for installation:
• Cables must be fitted through 1/2″ NPT cable gland or ATEX conduit (not supplied with instrument).
• Make sure after cabling to close tight cover and cable gland, in order to keep IP66 rating (IP65 with option OPV, overpressure relief valve).
• Open cover only after de-energizing instrument.
• Attention: Check local safety rules and warnings on unit and manual for a correct use of the instrument in hazardous area.
Please see SERIES ADPS for non-ATEX approved.
- Service:Air and non-combustible, compatible gases.
- Wetted Materials:Diaphragm material: Silicone; Housing material: Switch body: PA 6.6 and POM; Cover: Polystyrene; Brass or SS depending on pressure connections chosen.
- Temperature Limits:Process and ambient temperature from -4 to 185°F (-20 to 85°C); Case: -76 to 140°F (-60 to 60°C) (Note: Product temperature limits differ from case).
- Pressure Limits:40 in w.c. (10 kPa).
- Switch Type:SPDT.
- Electrical Rating:Max. 1.5 A/250 VAC, max. switching rate: 6 cycles/min.
- Set Point Adjustment:Hand knob on pressure switch inside case. (De-energize before opening case).
- Mounting Orientation:Vertically, with pressure connections pointing downwards.
- Mechanical Working Life:Over 106 switching operations.
- Enclosure Rating:IP66. IP65 with option OPV, overpressure relief valve.
- Housing Material:Aluminum.
- Finishing:Texture epoxy coat RAL7038.
- Pressure Connections:1/8″ NPT female brass (SS optional). In presence of acetylene it is necessary to use SS.
- Electrical Connections:Two 1/2″ FNPT. Cable gland not included.
- Weight:7 lb (3.2 kg).
- ATEX Approved Products from Comhas with ECN:BVI 14ATEX0072.
- Agency Approvals:CE 1370 II2 GD Ex d IIC Gb T6; -60°C ≤Ta ≤ +60°C Ex tb IIIC Db T 85°C.