Series V8 Flotect Vane Operated Flow Switch
Field Adjustable – 1 to 6 Inch Pipe, Leak Proof Body
The Series V8 Flotect Vane Operated Flow Switch Protects Equipment: Operation is simple and dependable. In most applications, the switch is normally off while there is sufficient flow of liquid or air. When flow stops, the vane spring moves the vane, actuating a single pole double throw switch rated 5A @ 120/250 VAC to start or stop motor, pump, engine, etc. Operate a damper or valve; shut down a burner or actuate an alarm or signal, protecting unattended equipment from damage or loss of production.
The V8 Flotect® Flow Switch has a leak proof body and vane constructed of tough durable polyphenylene sulfide which has excellent chemical resistance. The full size trimmable vane is provided with molded-in graduations allowing for installation in a 1 inch through 6 inch pipe. Operating pressures are up to 150 psig (10 bar) and temperatures to 212°F (100°C). The V8 flow switch can be used in various chemical processes, industrial systems and similar applications where process conditions are compatible with polyphenylene sulfide, ceramic 8 and 316SS. The V8 Flotect® flow switch is UL recognized as an industrial motor controller per UL standard 508, suitable for mounting in a protected environment.
- Chemical processing
- Air conditioning
- Heating systems
- Cooling lines
- Liquid transfer systems
- Water treatment
- Food processing
- Machine tools
- Service:Compatible gases or liquids.
- Wetted Materials:Vane and Body: Polyphenylene Sulfide (PPS); Pin and Spring: 316 SS on Inconel; Magnet: Ceramic 8.
- Temperature Limit:212°F (100°C).
- Pressure Limit:150 psig (10 bar).
- Enclosure Rating:General purpose; WP and WP2 options are weatherproof.
- Switch Type:SPDT snap switch; MV option: SPDT gold contact snap switch.
- Electrical Rating:5A @ 125/250 VAC, 5A resistive, 3A inductive @ 30 VDC. MV option: 1A @ 125VAC, 1A resistive, 0.5A inductive @ 30 VDC.
- Electrical Connections:18 AWG 18″ (460 mm) long.Conduit Connection:1/2″ male NPT, 1/2″ female NPT on WP and WP2.
- Process Connection:1″ male NPT.
- Mounting Orientation:Actuation/deactuation flow rates are based on horizontal pipe run and are nominal values. Unit cannot be used with vertical down flow.
- Set Point Adjustment:Vane is trimmable.
- Weight:4.5 oz (0.13 kg).
- Agency Approvals:CE, cUR, UR.
- Gold Plated Contacts, for dry circuits. Rated 1A @ 125 VAC; 1A resistive, 0.5A inductive @ 30 VDC. To order add suffix -MV. Example: V8-MV.
- Inconel® Alloy Option. Inconel® Alloy replaces standard 316 SS wetted parts. Wetted parts are Inconel® Alloy, ceramic 8, and Polyphenylene Sulfide. To order add suffix -INC. Example: V8-INC.
- Weatherproof Enclosure (not UL approved). Optional housing provides weatherproof protection for electrical wiring. To order add suffix -WP (phenylpolioxide) or -WP2 (aluminum). Example: V8-WP or V8-WP2
|V8||Vane operated flow switch.|
|V8-WP||Vane operated flow switch with weatherproof enclosure (phenylpolioxide).|