Series 195 Two Stage Top Mount Displacer Type Level Control
Fixed or Adjustable Deadband, For Pumps or Alarms
One of our most versatile level controls, the Mercoid Series 195 can be used on all types of tank or sump level control applications.
Mercoid® Displacer Controls use displacers that do not float on the surface of liquids, but are suspended on a coil spring. They work on the principle that submerged solids weigh less in liquids, and as the liquid level rises and their weight decreases, the tension on the spring by which they are suspended is decreased. Because they work on a different principle than float type liquid level controls, displacers are not affected by turbulence or pressure, and are excellent for applications with viscous or dirty liquids.
Mercoid Series 195 Specifications
- Service:Compatible liquids.
- Wetted Materials:Cable, Spring and Stops: 316 SS. Optional Inconel® spring. Displacers: porcelain. Optional 304 SS, 316 SS, or carbon graphite.
- Temperature Limits:32 to 200°F (0 to 93.3°C). Higher ratings available.
- Pressure Limit:125 psig (8.6 bar). Higher ratings available.
- Enclosure Rating:General purpose, watertight, explosion-proof or explosion-proof/vapor-proof.
- Switch Type:Snap switch, hermetically sealed snap switch or mercury switch.
- Electrical Rating:Snap Switch: 12A @ 120 VAC, 5A @ 240 VAC, 0.5A @ 125 VDC resistive, 0.25A @ 250 VDC resistive. Hermetically Sealed Snap Switch: 5A @ 120 VAC, 5A @ 240 VAC, 5A @ 30 VDC resistive. Mercury Switch: 4A @ 120 VAC/DC, 2A @ 240 VAC/DC. Higher contact ratings available for the mercury switch.
- Electrical Connections:Screw terminal.Conduit Connection:3/4″ female NPT.Process Connections:NPT or flange.
- Mounting Orientation:Vertical.
- Set Point Adjustment:Adjustable by moving displacers, see dimension chart for minimum and maximum values.
- Weight:General purpose or watertight enclosure with 4″ 125# cast iron flange approximately 28 lb (12.7 kg); Explosion-proof or explosion-proof/vapor-proof approximately 32 lb (14.5 kg).
- Agency Approvals:UL, none on HM switch.
- Specific Gravity:Standard is 1.0. Specify when ordering by replacing 1.0 in model number with specific gravity setting desired. Settable range is 0.5 to 1.2.
- Cable Length:Up to 50 ft.