Series DX Wet/Wet Differential Pressure Switch
NEMA 4X Enclosure, Low Differential Set Points
The Dwyer Series DX is a differential pressure switch that makes a contact output based on the differential between two pressure sources. Wetted materials of brass and flouroelastomer are suitable for use with most gases and water based solutions. The switch can be used for low differential pressure indication with set point on a decrease of pressure as low as 1 psid (0.07 bar). Differential set point ranges are available from 2.5 to 75 psid (0.17 to 5.17 bar) on increasing differential pressure and 1.0 to 67 psid (0.07 to 4.62 bar) on decreasing differential pressure. Unit features a high static pressure rating of 200 psig (13.8 bar) for higher static pressure applications. Standard is a weatherproof, UL type 4X, enclosure for dust laden, outdoor, or wash-down installation environments. Series DX incorporates an externally adjustable set point, integral mounting flange and a removable electrical terminal block for quick and easy installation. The DX uses opposing diaphragms to sense the high and low pressure with a pivot mechanism that transfers the difference of the two pressures to the SPDT switch.
- Indicating filter differential pressure. For example initiating water filter backwash as the filter becomes clogged on increasing differential pressure.
- Proof of flow indicator monitoring differential pressure from a sensing device. For example sensing the pressure across an orifice plate to prove water flow.
- Proving flow through a pump by sensing the pressure across the pump to make sure the pump does not run dry.
- Proving flow through a chiller. Often called evaporator water pressure drop.
- Proving flow through a heat pump or AC unit. Often called a condenser water lock-out switch.
Dwyer Series DX Specifications
- Service: Compatible gases and liquids.
- Wetted Materials: Connection: Brass; Diaphragm: Fluoroelastomer.
- Temperature Limits:30 to 140°F (-1 to 60°C).
- Pressure Limits:200 psig (13.8 bar). Continuous single side only pressure should not exceed 1.25 x full differential range.
- Enclosure Rating: Weatherproof UL type 4X (IP65).Repeatability:±2% of full range.
- Switch Type: SPDT snap switch.
- Electrical Rating: 5 A @ 125/250 VAC, 5 A res. @ 30 VDC.
- Electrical Connection: Removable terminal block.
- Conduit Connection: 0.871″ diameter hole for 1/2″ conduit fitting.
- Process Connection: 1/4″ NPT female.
- Mounting Orientation: Ports on horizontal plane, ±10°.
- Set Point Adjustment: External screw.
- Housing Materials: Body: Aluminum; Housing: Polycarbonate; Cover: 300 SS.
- Vibration and Shock: Set point repeats after 2.5 Gs, 5 to 500 Hz. Set point repeats after a 15 Gs, 10 millisecond duration.
- Altitude Limit: 6560 ft (2000 m).Humidity Limit:80% (non-condensing).
- Pollution Degree: 2.
- Environment:Intended for indoor and outdoor use.
- Weight:1 lb 3 oz (0.54 kg).
- Agency Approvals: CE, CUL, UL.
|DXW-11-153-1||Differential pressure switch, brass and fluoroelastomer wetted materials, NEMA 4X, 1/4" NPT connections, SPDT, range 2.5 to 10 psi.|
|DXW-11-153-2||Differential pressure switch, brass and fluoroelastomer wetted materials, NEMA 4X, 1/4" NPT connections, SPDT, range 10 to 25 psi.|
|DXW-11-153-3||Differential pressure switch, brass and fluoroelastomer wetted materials, NEMA 4X, 1/4" NPT connections, SPDT, range 25 to 50 psi.|
|DXW-11-153-4||Differential pressure switch, brass and fluoroelastomer wetted materials, NEMA 4X, 1/4" NPT connections, SPDT, range 50 to 75 psi.|