Series DLD Dual Channel Leak Detection Relay
Shaft Seal Leak Protection
The Dwyer Series DLD Dual Channel Leak Detection Relay is used to monitor the shaft seals of two submersible pumps to detect a leak before pump failure. A leak is detected by sensing the status of a float or conductivity switch installed in the seal cavity. When this resistance drops below the set sensitivity, the output relay energizes and the corresponding LED indicator illuminates. The DLD offers normally open relay contacts to energize an alarm or de-energize the pump in the event of a leak. When the seal failure condition clears, the relay automatically resets.
Dwyer Series DLD Specifications
- Power Requirement: 120 VAC, 50/60 Hz.
- Power Consumption: 2 VA (approximate).
- Isolation Voltage: 2500 V.
- Temperature Limits: Operating: -4 to 131°F (-20 to 55°C); Storage: -40 to 185°F (-40 to 85°C).
- Switch Type: (2) N.O. SPST.
- Switch Voltage: 9 VDC.
- Electrical Rating: 5 A @ 120 VAC resistive, 345 VA inductive.
- Response Times: Energize: 6 ms (approximate); Release: 2.5 ms (approximate).
- Indicators: Respective red LED illuminates when leak is detected.
- Enclosure: Polycarbonate dust cover.
- Mounting:8-pin octal.
- Weight:8 oz (227 g).
- Agency Approvals: cUR, UR.
- Model DLD-ACY Dual channel leak detection relay, 10k to 25k ohm adjustable.
- Model DLD-ACZ Dual channel leak detection relay, 4.7k to 100k ohm adjustable.