Series MS Magnesense® Differential Pressure Transmitter
Monitors Pressure & Air Velocity
The Series MS Magnesense Differential Pressure Transmitter is an extremely versatile transmitter for monitoring pressure and air velocity. This compact package is loaded with features such as: field selectable English or metric ranges, field upgradeable LCD display, adjustable dampening of output signal (with optional display) and the ability to select a square root output for use with Pitot tubes and other similar flow sensors.
Along with these features, the magnetic sensing technology provides exceptional long term performance and enables the Magnesense® transmitter to be the solution for a myriad of pressure and flow applications.
Please see SERIES AT2MS for ATEX approved.
- Field Upgradeable LCD. No need to order two separate transmitters. Simply stock a transmitter and display and you can satisfy any customer’s requests. Simply remove cover and snap the LCD onto the board.
- Field Selectable Ranges in metric or English. Lowers stock and inventory requirements. You’ll always have the right transmitter for every job.
- Digital Push Button Zero and Span. Reduces calibration time significantly over other transmitters that utilize potentiometers. Lowers maintenance time and costs.
- Adjustable Digital Dampening smooths out unstable pressure fluctuations common in air flow applications.
- Field Selectable Air Velocity Mode for fan and blower applications. Unit provides square root output that accurately tracks fpm or m/s flow rate. No need for a smart programmable indicator or PLC to convert pressure to air flow. Reduces components and installation time lowering overall costs.
- Service:Air and non-combustible compatible gases.
- Wetted Materials:Consult factory.
- Accuracy:±1% for 0.25″ (50 Pa), 0.5″ (100 Pa), 2″ (500 Pa), 5″ (1250 Pa), 10″ (2 kPa), 15″ (3 kPa), 25″ (5 kPa) ±2% for 0.1″ (25 Pa), 1″ (250 Pa) and all bidirectional ranges.
- Stability:±1% F.S./year.
- Temperature Limits:0 to 150°F (-18 to 66°C).
- Pressure Limits:1 psi maximum, operation; 10 psi, burst.
- Power Requirements:10 to 35 VDC (2-wire); 17 to 36 VDC or isolated 21.6 to 33 VAC (3-wire).
- Output Signals:4 to 20 mA (2-wire); 0 to 5 V, 0 to 10 V (3-wire).
- Response Time:Field adjustable 0.5 to 15 sec. time constant. Provides a 95% response time of 1.5 to 45 seconds.
- Zero & Span Adjustments:Digital push button.
- Loop Resistance:Current output: 0-1250 Ω max; Voltage output: min. load resistance 1 kΩ.
- Current Consumption:40 mA max.Display (optional):4 digit LCD.
- Electrical Connections:4-20 mA, 2-wire: European Style Terminal Block for 16 to 26 AWG. 0-10 V, 3-wire: European Style Terminal Block 16 to 22 AWG.
- Electrical Entry:1/2″ NPS Thread. Accessory: Cable Gland for 5 to 10 mm diameter cable.
- Process Connection:3/16″ (5 mm) ID tubing. Maximum OD 9 mm.
- Enclosure Rating:NEMA 4X (IP66).
- Mounting Orientation:Diaphragm in vertical position.
- Weight:8.0 oz (230 g).
- Agency Approvals:CE.