Series BFM Bulk Flow Monitor
Monitors Movement of Solids and Liquids
The Dwyer Series BFM Bulk Flow Monitor provides effective monitoring for most flow/no flow conditions in pipes and chutes. It’s sensing techniques, which use a Piezo element, makes the BFM versatile for most flow/no flow applications.
The BFM Control offers many unique advance features that exceed the industry standards. The BFM Central Processing Unit monitors movement of almost anything through a pipe or chute system. The BFM is ideal for sensing the presence or absence of materials in Pneumatic Conveying Systems. The BFM offers adjustable sensitivity depending on the application demand. Also, it provides easy installation and requires no maintenance. The unit has LED indicators — flow (green)/no flow (red).
The BFS-1 Sensor yields many advance features. It externally mounts to the outside of the pipe or chute. It provides mounting tabs for easy installation. The Sensor is prewired with 3′ wire.
- Oil Spray Systems
- Discharge Chutes
- Screw Conveyors
- Drag Conveyors
- Water Systems
- Air Systems
- Pneumatic Systems
- Gravity Feed Systems
- Slurry Systems
- Chemical Processing
- Food Processing
- Rotary Drums
- Service: Solids and liquids.
- Power Requirement: 120 VAC, 220 VAC or 12 VDC.
- Power Consumption: 1 A.
- Temperature Limits: 120°F (48.9°C).
- Output:Relay: SPDT rated 4 A @ 125/250 VAC, 1/10 HP @ 125/250 VAC, 3 A @ 30 VDC. TTL: 0-5 V.
- Serial Communications: RS-232.Electrical Connection:Screw terminal.
- Conduit Connection: Knockouts (four 3/4″ for power, six 1/2″ for sensor and outputs).
- Enclosure Rating: NEMA 4.Material:Polycarbonate.Weight:3 lbs (1.36 kg).
- Pipe Size: 1/2″ to 60″ (1.27 to 152.4 cm).
- Enclosure Rating: NEMA 4X (IP66).
- Electrical Connection: 3′ (0.9 m) of 18 gauge wire.
- Temperature Limits: 155°F (68.3°C).
- Materials: PVC Type 1 Grade 1 Grey.
- Weight: 5 oz (141.8 g).
|BFM-1||Control unit: NEMA 4X, polycarbonate housing, 120VAC.|
|BFM-2||Control unit: NEMA 4X, polycarbonate housing, 220VAC.|
|BFM-3||Control unit: NEMA 4X, polycarbonate housing, 12VDC.|
|BFS-1||Sensor for Series BFM.|