Series QPC Quadraplex Pump Controller
Multiple Loads, SOSO or FOFO Output Logic
The Dwyer Series QPC Quadraplex Pump Controller is used where four pumps are required to alternate to provide equal run time on each. Alternating loads allows for equal wear on all pumps lengthening their operation life. The Series QPC has five inputs allowing the four outputs to operate properly even if one of the inputs fails to open or close. Four LED indicators show the load that is energized by the SPST output contacts. The QPC is available in two sequence configurations: sequence-on-simultaneous-off (SOSO) and first-on-first-off (FOFO). In the SOSO sequence, an additional load is energized each time a higher level switch is activated, and all loads are de-energized simultaneously when the lowest level switch deactivates. In the FOFO sequence, the loads are energized in the same manner as the SOSO sequence, but loads are de-energized individually as each level switch deactivates. In either sequence, the lead load position is advanced to equalize run time on each pump. An inrush delay on both models reduces line sags by preventing multiple loads from energizing simultaneously. Please see the online service manual for more details on SOSO and FOFO sequencing.
Dwyer Series QPC Specifications
- Power Requirement:120 VAC, 50/60 Hz.
- Power Consumption:2.5 VA (approximate).
- Sensitivity:100 k ohm.
- Isolation Voltage:2500 V (input to output).
- Temperature Limits:Operating: -4 to 131°F (-20 to 55°C); Storage: -40 to 185°F (-40 to 85°C).
- Switch Type:SPST.
- Switch Voltage:5.1 V open circuit.
- Switching Current:10 μA, short circuit.
- Electrical Rating:5 A @ 120 VAC resistive; 278 VA inductive.
- Response Times:Power Up: <1 s; Operate: <25 ms; Inrush: 5 s; Release: <150 ms.
- Indicators:(4) LEDs show active load.
- Enclosure:Polycarbonate dust cover.
- Mounting:Surface.Weight:16 oz (454 g).
- Agency Approval:Intrinsically safe to UL standard 913. For use in hazardous (classified) locations: Class I, Group A, B, C, D; Class II, Group E, F, G; Class III.
- Model QPC-ASX Quadraplex pump controller, SOSO sequence.
- Model QPC-ASY Quadraplex pump controller, FOFO sequence.