Series L8 FLOTECT® Liquid Level Switch
Low Cost, Leak Proof Body Excellent Chemical Resistance
The Flotect Series L8 Liquid Level Switch features a leak proof body and float constructed from tough, durable polyphenylene sulfide which has excellent chemical resistance. Because the liquid level snap switch is magnetically actuated, there is no direct mechanical linkage to leak or fail, assuring longer life and decreased maintenance costs. This inexpensive unit is ideal for liquid level alarm, indication or control. Installation is quick and easy – simply install in a horizontal position with the index arrow pointing down.
The L8 Flotect® Liquid Level Control is UL recognized as an industrial motor controller per UL standard 508, suitable for mounting in a protected environment. This lightweight switch can be used in numerous chemical processes, industrial systems and similar applications where process conditions are compatible with polyphenylene sulfide, ceramic 8 and 316 stainless steel. This liquid level switch provides accurate setpoint control of liquids with specific gravities as low as 0.6. This compact and reliable control is designed to handle temperatures up to 212°F (100°C) and pressures to 150 psig (10 bar).
The Model L8 Flotect liquid level switch is ideal for predetermined liquid levels in tanks through pump control or solenoid valve control. It provides excellent liquid level alarm or indication when combined with the Series AN14 Indicating Annunciator:
· Environmental control
· Waste water
· Scrubber systems
· Holding tanks
· Cooling towers
· Chemical/Petroleum processing
· Plating and washing tanks
· Sewage treatment
· Car washes
· Remediation systems
- Maximum Temperature: 212°F (100°C)
- Maximum Pressure: 150 psig (10.3 bar)
- Process Connection: 1″ NPTM
- Switch Type: SPDT snap acting
- Electrical Ratings: 5A @ 125/250 VAC. 5A resistive, 3A inductive @ 30 VDC. MV Option (gold contacts for dry circuits) 1A @ 125 VAC. 1A resistive, 0.5A inductive @ 30 VDC.
- Wire Leads: 18 AWG x 18 inches (46 cm) length
- Overall Length: 8.312 inches (21 cm)
- Switch Body and Float: Polyphenylene sulfide (PPS)
- Wetted Materials: Polyphenylene sulfide, ceramic 8 magnet, 316 stainless steel pin and spring.
- Installation: Install horizontally with index arrow pointing down.
- Minimum Specific Gravity: 0.6
- Weight: 5 oz. (142 g)Gold Plated Contacts for dry circuits. Rated 1A @ 125 VAC; 1A resistive, 0.5A inductive @ 30 VDC. To order, add suffix -MV.
Automatic liquid level switch shall magnetically actuate a single pole , double throw snap acting switch. Unit shall be UL recognized as an industrial control per UL standard 508, suitable for mounting in a protected environment. Wetted parts shall be polyphenylene sulfide, ceramic 8 and 316 SS. Motion of the float shall actuate switch by action of a magnet which controls the snap switch inside the one-piece, leak proof body. Control shall be suitable for pressure to 150 psig (10.3 bar) and temperature to 212°F (100°C). Switch shall be W. E. Anderson Model No. L8.
|L8||Liquid level switch.|
|L8-WP||Liquid level switch with weatherproof enclosure (phenylpolioxide).|
- MV Gold Plated Contacts for dry circuits. Rated 1A @ 125 VAC; 1A resistive, 0.5A inductive @ 30 VDC.
- INC Inconel® replaces standard 316SS wetted parts. Wetted parts are Inconel®, ceramic 8, and Polyphenylene Sulfide.
- WP Weatherproof Enclosure. Optional housing is aluminum and provides weatherproof protection for electrical wiring.
- WP2 Weatherproof Enclosure (not UL approved). Optional housing is aluminum and provides weatherproof protection for electrical wiring.