Series L6 FLOTECT® Liquid Level Switch
Easy In-wall or External Installation, Up to 2000 psig (138 bar)
Surprisingly compact, the Flotect Series L6 Level Switch is designed and built for years of trouble-free service in a wide variety of process liquid level applications. Operation is simple and dependable with no mechanical linkage as the level switch is magnetically actuated. The float lever pivoted within the body moves when the process liquid displaces the float. A magnet on the opposite end of the float lever controls a second magnet on the switch actuating lever located in the switch housing.
Service: Liquids compatible with wetted materials.
Float: Solid polypropylene or 304 SS.
Lower Body: Brass or 303 SS.
External Float Chamber (Tee): Matches lower body choice of brass or 303 SS.
Other: Lever Arm, Spring, Pin, etc.: 301 SS.
Temperature Limits: -4 to 220°F (-20 to 105°C) standard, MT high temperature option 400°F (205°C), (MT option not UL, CSA or ATEX). ATEX compliant AT option ambient temperature: -4 to 167°F (-20 to 75°C) process temperature: -4 to 220°F (-20 to 105°C).
Pressure Limits: See chart on “Ordering” page.
Enclosure Rating: Weatherproof and explosion-proof. Listed with UL and CSA for Class I, Groups A, B, C and D; Class II, Groups E, F, and G. (Group A on stainless steel body models only.) ATEX 0344 II 2 G EEx d IIC T6 Process Temp≤75°C. EC-Type Certificate No: KEMA 04ATEX2128.
Switch Type: SPDT snap switch standard, DPDT snap switch optional.
Electrical Rating: UL models: 5A @ 125/250 VAC. CSA and ATEX models: 5A @ 125/250 VAC; 5A res., 3A ind. @ 30 VDC. MV option: .1A @ 125 VAC. MT option: 5A @ 125/250 VAC. (MT option not UL, CSA or ATEX.)
Electrical Connections: UL models: 18 AWG, 18″ (460 mm) long. CSA and ATEX models: terminal block.
Upper Body: Brass or 303 SS.
Conduit Connection: 3/4″ male NPT standard, 3/4″ female NPT on junction box models.
Process Connection: 1″ male NPT on models without external float chamber, 1″ female NPT on models with external float chamber.
Mounting Orientation: Horizontal with index arrow pointing down.
Weight: Approximately 1 lb (.5 kg) without external float chamber, 1.75 lb (.8 kg) with external float chamber.
Specific Gravity: See column on Model Number chart.
Agency Approvals: UL, CSA, CE and ATEX.
- Leak proof lower body machined from bar stock
- Choice of models for direct side wall mounting or mounted in a tee to act as an external float chamber
- Explosion-proof (listings included in specifications)
- Electrical assembly can be easily replaced without removing the unit from the installation so that the process does not have to be shut down
- Sensitive to level changes of less than 1/2″ (12 mm).
|L6EPB-B-S-3-A||Liquid level switch, 304 SS cylindrical float, side wall mounting, max. pressure 200 psig (13.8 bar), min. S.G. 0.5.|
|L6EPB-B-S-3-B||Liquid level switch, polypropylene spherical float, brass external float chamber (tee), max. pressure 250 psig (17.2 bar), min. S.G. 0.9.|
|L6EPB-B-S-3-C||Liquid level switch, 304 SS spherical float, side wall mounting, max. pressure 350 psig (24.1 bar), min. S.G. 0.7.|
|L6EPB-B-S-3-H||Liquid level switch, 304 SS spherical float, brass external float chamber (tee), max. pressure 250 psig (17.2 bar), min. S.G. 0.7.|
|L6EPB-B-S-3-O||Liquid level switch, polypropylene spherical float, side wall mounting, max. pressure 1000 psig (69 bar), min. S.G. 0.9.|
- Gold plated contacts: Suffix – MV
- High Temperature High Temperature option rated 400°F (205°C). (See electrical rating in specifications, no listings or approvals, only available on models with stainless steel floats.): Suffix – MT
- CSA and UL approved construction, includes weatherproof and explosion-proof junction box: Suffix – CSA
- ATEX approved construction includes, weatherproof and explosion-proof, junction box: Suffix – AT
- DPDT Contacts: Seventh character changes to D
- 303 Stainless Steel Upper Body: Fifth character changes to S
- Options Not Shown: 1-1/2″ and 2″ male NPT process connection, 2″ female NPT connection tee, and top mount.