Model CLS1 Capacitance Level Switch
The Dwyer Model CLS1 Capacitance Level Switch provides reliable point level measurement of solids, liquids and slurries in metallic or non-metallic tanks and vessels. Model CLS1 detects the presence or absence of material in contact with the probe by sensing a change in the capacitance. Electronics provide highly sensitive measurement detection (requires less than a 1 picofarad shift from ambient). State of the art technology ignores material build-up on the vessel sidewall or along the probe assembly. One time calibration is simple with a single multi-turn potentiometer. Red LED on housing indicates sensor status. Unit features an adjustable 1-30 second time delay and a 5 amp, SPDT fail-safe relay output. Model CLS1 can be mounted vertically or horizontally.
- High or low level detection in bins, silos, tanks, hoppers, chutes and other vessels where liquids, solids or slurries are stored.
- Service: Solids, liquids, or slurries.
- Wetted Material: CPVC.
- Temperature Limits: Process: -40 to 240°F (-40 to 116°C); Ambient: -40 to 185°F (-40 to 85°C).
- Enclosure Rating: NEMA 4X (IP56), PVC, dust tight, water resistant.
- Switch Type: SPDT.
- Electrical Rating: 5A @ 250 VAC.
- Power Requirements: 120 VAC, 1.5 VA.
- Conduit Connection: 3/4″ female NPT.
- Process Connection: 1″ male NPS.
- Mounting Orientation: Vertical or horizontal.
- Sensitivity: Adjustable to <1 pF.
- Fail-Safe: Switch selectable, high/low.
- Time Delay: Adjustable 1 to 30 seconds.
- Weight: 2.0 lb (0.91 kg).
Model CLS1: Capacitance level switch.