Series 205 Welded Construction
External Mount Pressures to 1250 psi (86 bar) at Temperatures to 650°F (343°C), Optional Explosion-Proof Enclosures, Hermetically Sealed Switches
Long life and reliable operation is inherent in the design of the Mercoid Series 205. The heavy duty welded carbon steel chamber provides a control to operate up to 1250 psi (86 bar) and process temperature up to 650°F (343°C), 400°F (205°C) at the electrical head assembly. The use of an external magnet reduces the possibility of magnetic particle build up inside the armature tube and subsequent loss of operation as may occur with the internal magnet repulsion design. Choice of construction provides equipment suitable for specific gravity as low as (0.75). Electrical requirements are met by use of hermetically sealed snap action or mercury switches in a variety of actions including SPST, SPDT, DPDT and DPST arrangements. Optional circuits are available for low current/voltage DC; high current DC; or high temperature applications. Check the current chart for the switch best suited for your application. Standard process connections are combination 1″ NPT and 1″ socket weld hubs. Flanged connections are offered as an option. Contact factory for ANSI B31.1.
Mercoid Series 205 Specifications
- C1-75:Minimum specific gravity 0.75. Process pressure 1250 psig (86 bar) @ 100°F (38°C), 650°F (343°C).**Heat fins (HF) and/or high temperature switches should be considered for process temperatures above 500°F (260°C).
- Switch Type:Snap action or mercury. See charts A and B.
- Electrical Rating:See charts A and B.
- Wiring Connections:G, WT or E enclosure, terminal block. EV enclosure 18″ (460 mm) leads.
- Process Connections:Combination 1″ NPT/socket weld hubs or flanges. See chart C.
- Enclosures:G, painted steel and aluminum; WT, painted steel, aluminum and neoprene; E, aluminum; EV, aluminum and neoprene.
- Weight:205, 40 lb (18 kg); 207, 50 lb (22.7 kg); 208, 57 lb (25.8 kg).
- Agency Approval:UL.Suggested Specifications
Liquid level control shall be 205 (207) (208) Series with combination 1″ NPT/socket weld hubs (flanged) process connections. Chamber shall be welded suitable for operation at 1250 psig (86 bar) at 100°F (38°C), 650°F (343°C) at a minimum specific gravity of 0.75. Circuits shall be (hermetically sealed) snap action (mercury) switch (SPST) (SPDT), (DPDT). Enclosure shall be general purpose (weatherproof) (explosion-proof) (explosion-proof – vapor-proof). Switch mechanism shall be gravity return and shall be activated by a stainless steel float.