Series 225/227/228 Flanged Chamber
Adjustable Deadband 12″ to 24″, Pressure to 1000 psig (68.9 bar), Temperature to 475°F (246°C), Hermetically Sealed Switches
Adjustable deadband, flanged chamber and side mount are featured in the heavy duty reliable Mercoid Series 225. A choice of four operating styles are offered: 1. Single stage adjustable deadband suitable for pump operation; 2. Two stage operation with adjustable lower stage, fixed upper stage for pump and high alarm; 3. Fixed lower stage and adjustable upper stage for pump and low alarm; 4. Fixed upper and lower stage for high and low alarm. Alarm stages can also be used for shutdown. Adjustable level changes are available in increments of 12″, 24″, 36″, and 48″.
Mercoid Series 225 Specifications
- Minimum Specific Gravity:0.75.
- Switch Type:Snap action or mercury. See charts A and B.
- Electrical Ratings:See charts A and B.Wiring Connections:> G, WT or E enclosure, terminal block;
EV enclosure, 18″ (460 mm) leads.
- Process Connections:1″ NPT standard (1″ socket weld hubs or flanges optional).
- Enclosure Rating:See model chart.Enclosure:> G, painted steel and aluminum;
WT, painted steel, aluminum, neoprene;
E, aluminum. EV, aluminum and neoprene.
- Wetted Parts:C1 construction. Chamber, carbon steel. Float and trim 303SS, 304SS, 430SS.
- Weight:225, 50 lb (22.7 kg); 227, 60 lb (27 kg); 228, 67 lb (30.4 kg).
- Agency Approvals:UL.Suggested Specifications
Liquid level control shall be 225 (227) (228) Series with adjustable deadband of (12″) (24″) (36″) (48″). Unit shall be external side mount type. Process connections shall be 1″ NPT (socket weld hub) (flanged). Suitable for operation at 1000 psig (68.9 bar) at 100°F (38°C); 850 psig (21 bar) at 475°F (246°C) with a minimum specific gravity of 0.75. Switch mechanism shall be gravity return and shall be activated by a stainless steel float.