Series 1241/1243/1244 Flanged Chamber
External Mount, Pressure to 1440 psig (99 bar), Hermetically Sealed Switches and Temperature to 475°F (246°C)
A removeable stainless steel float enclosed in a flanged carbon steel chamber is featured in the durable, field proven Mercoid Series 1241. External side mount series includes 1″ NPT process connections as standard or 1″ flanges as options. Pressure and temperature limits are 1440 psi (99 bar) at 100°F (38°C) and 1275 psi (87.9 bar) at 475°F (246°C). Minimum specific gravity for all models is 0.60. The models shown can be ordered with a variety of electrical arrangements including SPST, SPDT, or DPDT circuits in hermetically sealed snap action or mercury contacts. Switches can be ordered open on level rise or fall. Single pole double throw electrically independent circuits are available as well as low current or high DC current applications. A full range of enclosures are offered including general purpose NEMA-1; weatherproof NEMA-4X; (explosion-proof) and (explosion-proof – vapor-proof) groups B, C, D, E, F, G, NEMA-7-9.
Mercoid Series 1241 Specifications
- Minimum Specific Gravity:0.60.
- Switch Type:Snap action or mercury switch. See charts A and B.
- Electrical Ratings:See charts A and B.
- Wiring Connections:> G, WT or E enclosure, terminal block;
EV enclosure, 18″ (460 mm) leads.
- Process Connections:1″ NPT standard (flanges optional); See model chart.
- Enclosure Rating:See model chart.Enclosure:> G, painted steel and aluminum;
WT, painted steel, aluminum and neoprene;
EV, aluminum and neoprene.
- Wetted Parts:C1 construction. Chamber: carbon steel. Trim: 303SS, 304SS, and 430SS (316SS and 430SS optional).
- Weight:1241, 34 lb (15 kg); 1243, 44 lb (20 kg); 1244, 51 lb (23 kg).Suggested Specifications
Liquid level control shall be 1241 (1243) (1244) Series with flanged carbon steel chamber. Process connections shall be 1″ NPT (socket weld hub) (flanged). Unit shall be suitable for operation at 1440 psi (99 bar) at 100°F (38°C); 1275 psi (87.9 bar) at 475°F (246°C) with a minimum specific gravity of 0.60. Switch mechanism shall be gravity return and shall be activated by a stainless steel float. Circuit shall be (hermetically sealed) snap action (mercury) switch, (SPST) (SPDT) (DPDT). Enclosure shall be general purpose (weatherproof) (explosion-proof) (explosionproof) (vapor-proof).